Novica.com

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Due to a random Google search (I don't even recall what I was searching for at the time), I had the good fortune of stumbling upon Novica.com.  Have you been to this site?  National Geographic has put together this shopping site of artisan-made goods from all over the world.  Novica has a very well-rounded selection of handmade jewelry, art, furniture and textiles -  in every price range.

The design on these rattan baskets is created with hand-applied beads.


Heroic Elephants accent table from West Africa




Wool Geometric throws are from Andes artisans


Glass jewelry box with handpainted butterflies


Leather framed mirror from Peru.  Rope details make it even more unique!


Red Lightning wool rug from Mexico.





Elephant covered jar and elephant soapstone vase.

Also great to know, National Geographic/Novica reinvests profits from Novica into education for Artists!

Busy week ahead AND computer behaving badly -Google Chrome crashed : (    Hope you're off to a smoother start than I am!
















13 comments:

Hyphen Interiors said...

What a cool site! I'm going to check that out!

birdsofafeatherdesign.com said...

I'm off to Novica now! Thanks for sharing...love it all! -Ann

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

I'm crazy busy this week too!! Thanks so much for sharing this site...how awesome and I am always in support of well uh supporting artist ;)! Also please ignore my profile pic...having troubles with it for some reason!

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

Oh my profile pic came up okay on your blog, wonder why it's cutting off my head in other blogs????

Kendall said...

Good luck with your computer! That's never fun...

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

Great concept, thank you for sharing this! I love finding new fantastic online shops!!

xo Linda

Ashley said...

What a great way to support a good cause!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

had never heard of them, so thx! The elephant side table is nice, but i would definitely pain it black, white or gold... :))))

quintessence said...

I've been to this site before but not for quite a while. Thank you for the reminder - there are clearly some wonderful products there!!

Mona Thompson said...

Thanks for the site, some lovely things. Good luck with your computer. that is sooo frustrating.

Jenny Castle Design said...

What a great find - thanks for sharing!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

What awesome products. I especially love that leather framed mirror

Contract Packaging said...

Amazing collection. Very useful design for my work.